brushes, palette and setup

I forgot to post these pictures with my video yesterday. Here are the brushes I used. The two on the right are various sizes of Silver Bristlon brights. I love them. The one on the left - I can't explain how it came to be this shape, but I love it for laying down the ground and sketching in the drawing. I think it used to be a filbert...



Below is a picture of my palette after I was done with the painting. Part of the mixed paint on the palette is from another painting. I tend to work from left to right, and when I fill it up (after a few small paintings or one large one), I scooch the top paper down, scoop up any useable blobs of paint with my palette knife and put them down on the next clean sheet of palette paper. I used my basic colors for this painting: t white, cad yellow lt, cad red med, aliz crimson, ult blue, phthalo blue and burnt umber.



Below is a view into my shadow box. I've used this light setup a lot lately where I have my true "white" light pointing up (so it bounces around the box a bit and "blues" up my shadows) and my "daylight" (more yellow than the other) spotlight directly on my subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...