"Touch of Lavender" --- SOLD



This is my 500th daily painting! It is a commissioned piece, so not for sale. Someone asked in a comment if I think about being loose when I paint, and the answer is yes, absolutely! I reached a cross-roads with my painting some time ago when I realized I could either go more realistic or more impressionistic. I asked myself 2 questions: which do I like to look at more, and which do I enjoy doing more. The answer to both was impressionistic and so that's the direction I took. That doesn't mean I don't expiriment with all sorts of things, but a big goal of mine is to stay loose with my strokes, and to interpret and suggest rather than copy. I am honestly in awe of those that can produce photorealistic paintings, but for my own enjoyment, I paint this way instead.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...