"Just a Piece" --- SOLD



This one was tough, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I especially like (and this may sound silly) the delicate line on the plate. Usually I put that kind of thing down first and put the white around it. This time I put the plate color down and got it completely the way I wanted it. Then I came back with the line and sort of let it blend a little with the white. I find that letting things blend a little makes it look more realistic. Errr, in some places anyway. I had a friend tell me recently that she's frustrated with painting and thinks maybe she should take some classes on art because she's sure there's some secret she's missing. I thought the same thing for a long time. I finally realized that there are tons of little secrets, but none of them work all the time. And the only way to figure them out is to PAINT PAINT PAINT.

By the way, today is my 7th wedding anniversary. I know I complain about my husband here sometimes, but I couldn't have gotten luckier in snagging a mate. I love you sweetheart.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...