"Happy Planter" --- SOLD



This was an experiment. I re-tried some 8"x8"gessoboard (that I didn't like the first time). I started out using my regular brushes and found very quickly they were way to stiff, and barely laid any color down. Then I tried some brushes I recently bought and tried on my regular canvas surface - American Painter flats - (the same kind Karin Jurick uses) and found they were perfect for this smooth surface (they didn't work at all on my regular surface - too soft). I did end up wiping once and starting over as I realized I had to be a little more careful than normal in getting colors where I wanted them from the beginning. I couldn't fudge as much and fix later without getting messy fast. I really enjoyed this, and I REALLY enjoyed painting a face, even though it was made of clay. : )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...