"What's for Dinner?" --- SOLD



You can consider this an after-study of the large painting I did yesterday. It includes some of the same components, and the same basic color scheme. I got these "heirloom" tomatoes the other day. They had more orange in them yestereday - as they get more ripe they turn red. The big one also has some green/red ones, and some leeks too. As soon as I get a good photo of the big one I'll post it on my website - for now it's still too wet. One thing I did with this one and the one yesterday that made painting the tomatoes easier - I used both cad red and cad red light. The light is more orangy. I get so impatient mixing a slightly orange red. Red is soo overpowering compared to cad yellow so it takes a ton of yellow. It's nice to have one step down that is already mixed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...