"Adopted" --- SOLD



So, yesterday I had some extra time when I was done painting. Jacob hadn't yet woken up from his nap, so I put together a still life for the next day, (today) to get a head-start. And today when it was time to paint, I came up to my studio and started painting ... and found I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't motivated, at all. So I wiped it off and started over, and got this. It seems I've got to paint what I'm excited about right now, rather than what I was into yesterday. Makes sense. It's that spark - it doesn't happen otherwise.

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I adopted our son, Jacob, ~2 years ago when he was 2 days old. This setup reminded me of the differences and similarities between us and him. He's such a joy in our lives. Here's a picture of Jacob.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...