"Circles" --- SOLD



I found this transparent, yellow plate at the thrift store and thought it would be "fun" to paint it over polka-dots. It was a real challenge getting the colors right. In a situation like this where the colors are subtle shifts, and my brain is busy playing tricks, I find it most helpful to compare a lot. So I put down one color and then look at the color next to it and think "is that more red?", and then add what I think it needs to the color I've already got. It doesn't always work... I also use a lot of trial and error: mix - try it - mix again - etc. Sometimes the "wrong" colors that I try and then fail to completely cover up when I remix can leave interesting bits of color in spots. Sometimes...

I didn't realize until after I'd finished the painting that there's nothing but circles in it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...