"Apple Batik" --- SOLD



So...I've painted this fabric a few times before. I like it. And I'm finally finding a method that works. First I lay down the lighter teal color in a really loose way. Then I come back with the darker blue and kind of cut into the lighter design to define it. I suppose if it were the other way around (the design dark and the rest light) then I would start with the dark and cut back in with the light. Also, when I'm cutting in with that darker blue, I like to make it a little too dark to start with, and then come back with the "right" value and not go all the way to the edges with it. I find that kind of defines the design better. Does that make any sense??? Also, I am constantly remixing the same color so it's not so boring a flat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...