"Nail Polish" --- n/a


I'm still experimenting with color here. Unfortunately my photo didn't capture all the subtlety in the "white." One thing I discovered a while back that ya'll might find interesting...sometimes I put 2 lights on my subject. One is a spotlight that is rather yellow (though it's supposed to be daylight), and the other is an expensive daylight light that is REALLY white. I shine the spotlight right on the subject, and turn the daylight light up so that it bounces off the white sheet I've got over my setup box. This creates a nice complementary shadow (there, I've given away my secret), though I think I might have overdone it here. Or something. I'm not sure I'm quite into this enough to sell it. But that's the beauty of daily painting - there's always tomorrow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...