"Citrus Bowl" --- SOLD



Carol's New Magic Paintbrush.

So, I went down to Jerry's Artarama yesterday to get some stretcher bars for a large commission, and decided to look at brushes. I've been frustrated lately with how my flat brushes get all funny (fluffy and/or curved) after I wash them and have been trying to find a solution. My friend, Jill Carver, a wonderful artist, suggested clamping a folded piece of cardboard over them (with the flat edge in the fold) after washing and letting them dry that way. That worked pretty well, but I still wasn't satisfied.

What I found at Jerry's was that I had been buying the cheapest brushes available (what - me - cheap? - no!). So without looking at prices, I walked around and checked out the MANY different brush types and picked out what looked like the sturdiest brush. It turned out to be about $16, so I bought just one to try out. In case you're interested, it's a Winsor & Newton Monarch Flat size 10. And it turns out to be magic. It puts down these perfect little blocks of happy color, and I am thrilled with the result! I can't wait to paint with it again tomorrow.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...