"Unreal Tomatoes" & "Back to Back" --- SOLD



I did these 3 paintings last week. When I started the tomatoes above they looked fine. I started with the most saturated oranges and went darker. When I started in on the background suddenly the tomatoes seemed unbelievably glowy. (yes, glowy is a word) They WERE fairly lit, but perhaps not quite this much. I then moved onto this one...



...and re-learned a valuable lesson. On days when I do a large painting first, I tend to feel a bit ... spent ... for lack of a better word, and any small ones I do afterwards are generally less inspired. : ) The painting below is the one I did before these 2. It's a bit more traditional than what I generally do, but the cheese was begging to be painted from this angle, and everything else just fit into place around it. I am including 2 details pictures below it.




(detail)


(detail)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...