"Cantelope 2" --- SOLD



I talk a lot in my workshops about the benefits of painting every day. There are so many: you become less emotionally involved with each painting; you are less fearful; you feel more free to experiment; you grow quickly; etc. But what I am now realizing is that you need down time too. Just like your body HAS TO sleep, your brain/creative side NEEDS time to process - to learn - to rest. I hit a wall with my painting last week, and I think it was because I was using every spare second to paint/work. I was pushing myself so hard to produce produce produce that I became a machine, and not a creative machine. So going forward, I may produce a little less, but hopefully what I do paint will be better - more inspired - and I will enjoy the process more. Here's to happy painting, and some down time too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...