"A Cup Affair" --- SOLD



Sometimes I'm torn between rendering things realistically and getting more impressionistic with my paint. You can see here that I'm leaning towards real today. Maybe it's a mood thing. Or maybe I'm just being lazy. I think I tend towards real most of the time, and have to force myself to impress...errr get crazy with my paint. It takes more of my brain to suggest things, but then I think those are the more successful paintings. That said, once in a while, I like to paint something and have someone say "wow, that looks real." I think that's why I started doing art in the first place - my friends thought it was cool I could draw realistically and I enjoyed the attention. :) My goal is for suggesting things with paint to become second nature, rather than just simply rendering. Anyone else experience this, or is it just me??? Am I making any sense? Now that's the real question. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...